Roger's Output Transformers
This special cored low leakage symmetrical wound KE57613-D tube output transformer, which meets or even exceeds Williamson's specifications from 1947, is a double-split primary C-derivate and has the following design parameters:
Primary windings (50W):
- 4X57.5V@15Hz (Imax=0.22A)
- U0=6.5V, Imax=5A
Total primary inductance: 80H@5V/50Hz (95H@10V/50Hz)
Leakage inductance: 47mH (42kHz@KT66 p-p drive)
Total primary DC resistance: 200Ohm
Maximum power input: 50W@230V/15Hz
Inductance vs DC unbalance: 67H@+/-5mA (33H@+/-20mA)
KE57613-D, Roger's Universal Output Transformer
Which makes the transformer useful as for instance:
- Standard Williamson OPT using push-pull KT66/807/6L6GC/EL34 drive with 8Ohm speaker load only (15Wsin@807).
- Boosted Williamson OPT using push-pull KT88/6550/PX25/300B drive with 4-8Ohm load (Psqr@6550>30W, +/-30% Class AB if biased@6R).
- Universal OPT using 50% Ultra Linear push-pull KT88/6550 drive with 4-8Ohm load (Psqr@6550>50W).
- Custom tapping at outermost secondary may however also be used but is not recommended.
- May also even be used as mains isolation transformer for f.i tube preamps (<2X230V@0.2A/60Hz, 4X6.5V@0A)
- Low cost alternative: 75USD
KE57613-D, Taps and additional features